Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hole-In-The Wall

Working online does have its perks. I can get to work anywhere just as long as the internet connection is reliable. There are actually a number of places within the city with a reliable internet connection, and not all of them are coffee shops. 

In fact, one of places I found that has a good enough internet connection is a watering hole along one of the major arteries in the Queen City of the South. I normally come here late in the afternoon when people start to pour into my favorite coffee shop. I normally work on one of my blogs here since it allows me to become a bit more "creative" than usual. When the sun sets, they usually have a band or two to entertain the patrons of the place.

However, recently the place started to become a bit crowded, especially during the weekends. People start to pour in up to a point wherein they actually have no tables available for their growing list of regulars. Ever since I "discovered" this place late last year, I have been frequenting it at least once a week. Sometimes I would come here twice or three times a week. While the place can be considered a hole-in-the-wall place, a good number of backpackers come here since it houses a one- or two-star hotel. 

The prices of the food and drinks are rather reasonable. The people who work in the place are quite friendly. Whenever I come here, I typically pass by the counter and hold up one finger (not that finger) and they already know what I want to order. And of course, the internet connection is reliable. In fact, as I am writing this entry at this not-quite-hole-in-the-wall place in the middle of the Queen City of the South.

The place has started to become more popular among the twenty-something age group (I am also a part of this twenty-something group although don't ask me what that something is). It has started to become a bit crowded. Due to this, its either I finish my work earlier or I try to find another place where i can work in peace.

There may be a number of other places in the city that are waiting to be discovered. Places where the internet is reliable and the prices are reasonable. Places that have yet to be discovered by the BPO employees who basically have more money than time to spend. Places where an online freelance worker like me can be productive while having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment